Do you want to kill bed bugs without taking professional help? If the answer is yes, you should read this article to the end and get one of the best steam cleaner for bed bugs. This one-time investment will also help you in other cleanings making it convenient.
Even professionals use poisons and toxic chemicals to eradicate bed bugs, which many people don’t like. For those, this is a safe and effective solution as well as an affordable one. Beginning with some fact-checking, you can put your faith in one of the cleaners.
Does Steam Cleaning Kill Bed Bugs?
Yes, steam cleaners can kill bed bugs with its heat. Bed bugs can survive everything but water and heat. A steam cleaner comes with both of them, which is practically hell for the bed bugs. Let’s see some of the major benefits of having a steam cleaner.
- It kills the bed bugs without any toxic chemicals, which ensures a safe environment for your kids and pets.
- You reach such places with our reviewed steam cleaners that you couldn’t before leaving no chance of the bed bugs to stay alive.
- This way, you can kill bacteria, allergens, and other germs too effectively without much effort.
You can think of using poison or other methods to kill them, but these are champions for fleeing. If you use a steam cleaner for killing bed bugs, they won’t get anywhere to hide. As a result, you will get rid of them as well as the eggs leaving no chance of seeing them again.
Note: If you think that your steam cleaner is only good at killing bed bugs, you are wrong. You have no idea, what else your steam cleaner could do. It has a lot of benefits which we include in our other article. you can click here to check out more benefits of a steam mop to know what you are investing in.
Table Of Content:
If you are looking for any specific topic check this table of content for quick navigation.
Table Of Contents
- Does Steam Cleaning Kill Bed Bugs?
- Top 5 Best Steam Cleaner For Bed Bugs Reviews 2022
- What To Consider Before Buying A Steam Cleaner For Killing Bed Bugs?
- Why Should You Buy A Steam Cleaner For Killing Bed Bugs?
- Final Recommendation
Don’t invest your money without finding the best product for you. we include the top five steam cleaner for bed bugs and describe it’s function and features so that you could make a comparison among them and choose the best one for you.
Top 5 Best Steam Cleaner For Bed Bugs Reviews 2022
It is a quite tough job for you to find out the best steam cleaner for bed bugs. To make your task simple and easy we enlisted the top five best steam cleaner for bed bugs. which will help you to make the perfect decision in your purchase.
1. Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System
You will love two things about Vapamore MR-100, and we think it is reasonable even if the price is a bit higher than others. The first thing is its accessory list, including multiple heads, and another one is the large water tank capacity. Those heads are designed in such a way that you can easily clean any surface.
The handheld cleaning head has a smaller spray nozzle, which can effectively reach cracks and tiny openings. As a result, no bugs will be out of the reach of this steam cleaner. Another important factor for killing bugs is the temperature. Experts say that 170 or 180 degrees Fahrenheit is enough to kill the bugs.
Besides, that is the optimum temperature that won’t damage any of your furniture or anything. Just pour tap water into the tank and start steaming the beds and other furniture. The solenoid-operated steam control system is very helpful to clean without making the surface dripping wet. With a stainless steel boiler and other durable materials, you can rely on its performance for versatile usage.
Vapamore MR-100 Features:
- The tools and accessories that come with it have high-quality and durable material so that you can use them reliably for years.
- With an improved design, the floor head has become larger, and you can cover larger areas in a short time.
- This steam cleaner can heat the water over 210 to 220 degrees Fahrenheit making sure that the bed bugs don’t survive.
- Its large water tank capacity will let you have 60-minute runtime so that you don’t need to refill too often.
- The cleaner can effectively kill bugs, bacteria, allergens without using any harsh or harmful chemicals.
2. Ivation 1800W Canister Cleaner with 14 Accessories
So far, this steam cleaner has the largest water tank capacity and is more capable than other models on the list. For its powerful boiler and several heads for reaching tight spaces, you can easily consider this as one of the best steam cleaners for killing bed bugs.
To solve the issue of bed bugs, you need two things, and both of them are present in this steamer. Those two things are very hot water or temperature to apply in the area and a small spray nozzle to reach tight spaces.
If you see the accessories that come with the package, you will see a gun-shaped handheld sprayer. With this steam cleaner, you can now easily reach the bed bugs’ hiding areas. With 16’4” power cord length and 4’76” steam hose length, it won’t create a problem for big house-owners.
Ivation 1800W Features:
- This is a multipurpose steam cleaner that comes with a rotating cleaning head for extra scrubbing action.
- Its 14 accessories and multiple removable heads make sure that you can clean any surface and corner efficiently and quickly.
- With a 2-liter water tank, you won’t have to refill too often and clean large apartments quickly.
- For effective cleaning and killing bugs or other harmful creatures, its boiler can make the water very hot up to 338-degree Fahrenheit.
- Even with a full tank capacity, you can easily carry it around as it has two large wheels on the back.
3. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner with 18 Accessories
Like the previous model, this one also comes with a lot of accessories to help you clean any surface. For the price point, we didn’t expect such features, functions, and build quality. That is why our team thinks this is one of the best steam cleaners for bed bugs within an affordable budget range.
Its steam is so powerful that you can kill not only bugs but also eliminate grease, grime, stains, and mold. Also, they limit the temperature to the point that you can have your job done without damaging any surface. As a result, you can rely on this for cleaning various surfaces.
This steam cleaner is a well-known model among house owners, and thousands of them vouch for it. After years of usage, they are very happy with its capabilities and performance. Moreover, it comes with an extra-long cord so that you can easily reach the farthest corners without much hassle. So, read its key features and make a wise decision.
McCulloch MC1275 Features:
- It uses only water to clean any surface, making sure that your home stays safe for the kids and pets.
- The 48-ounce water tank is capable of keeping enough water for running over 40 minutes before a refill.
- Its boiler is so powerful and efficient that it only takes 8 minutes to heat such a large water tank.
- The package contains 18 versatile, high-quality accessories so that you can clean any corner and even tiny openings.
- The 15.7’ power cord and 9’ steam hose make sure that you can clean a large room without having to change the power outlet.
4. Pure Enrichment PureClean XL Rolling Steam Cleaner
As you can see on the name, this is an extra-large steam cleaner with 1.5-liter water tank capacity and multiple cleaning heads. As a result, you can clean large apartments without having to refill the tank too often. All those easily adjustable heads make sure that you can reach every corner easily and quickly.
They are calling it natural steam cleaner because it uses only tap water to clean and kill bugs effectively. No matter what the surface material is, this steam cleaner is capable of cleaning it without damaging any part.
As you have seen that it doesn’t need any harmful chemicals or toxic elements to do its job, your kids and pets will have a safe home to live. It comes with an extra-long power cord to match its other features. So, offices or large homes should have this for their versatile use.
Pure Enrichment PureClean Features:
- For heavy-duty cleaning, it comes with 18 pieces of accessories that are of high quality and made from durable material.
- As the heat stays within the limit, you can trust the cleaner to clean different surfaces without damaging them.
- Also, your kids or pets will have a safe house to live in as it cleans using only hot water and no harmful chemicals.
- The cleaner comes with a 16-foot power cord making it convenient for large homeowners to clean quickly.
- The large water tank can take up to 1.5 liters of water at a time and run for 45 minutes before you have to refill.
5. PurSteam Pressurized Steam Cleaner
Are you looking for a handheld steam cleaner that is compact yet powerful? We present PurSteam Pressurized Steam Cleaner that comes at a lower price but performs like a high-end one. After much testing and user reviews, we thought of this as one of the best steam cleaners for bed bugs that is portable and affordable.
This is like the mini version of the previous steam cleaners, and you can buy it for experiments. If you don’t believe that steam cleaners can kill bugs or dust mites, you can get this model without spending much and see for yourself. With temperature risen almost to 290 degrees Fahrenheit, you can rest assured that there will be no bugs left.
The steam is so powerful that you can clean your bathtub and sink easily, removing stubborn stains or grease. But don’t think that this can clean large areas quickly because the tank is not that big and it doesn’t have a large cleaning head. For those who want an easily maintainable and controllable handheld steam cleaner, this is the best option.
PurSteam Pressurized Features:
- It comes with premium quality components and accessories so that you can use them for years without complaining.
- You can have a natural and safe steam cleaning because it cleans with only tap water and no harmful chemicals.
- Despite its size, it comes with a powerful heating chamber that can heat the water within 3 or 4 minutes up to 290 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Controlling the heat, you can clean almost any surface without damaging it, making sure its versatile usability.
- The accessories and multiple cleaning heads will give you the option to clean hard-to-reach areas easily.
What To Consider Before Buying A Steam Cleaner For Killing Bed Bugs?
Not all steam cleaners will serve you the best for killing bed bugs. Because all cleaners don’t have the necessary features and you should know what matters the most. From the guide below, you will know what to consider before buying one.
The first feature to ensure is whether the steam cleaner can heat-up the water above 190-degrees Fahrenheit. Without reaching this temperature, you won’t be able to kill anything.
With the work of temperature, you will also need to ensure enough pressure. If the cleaner can’t generate enough pressure, the steam won’t reach far, and the cracks will remain a haven for the bed bugs.
Another very important feature is the number and type of removable heads that come with the package. With all those heads, you can spray the steam to every corner and tight spaces. So, the bed bugs won’t find any place to hide anymore.
Tank capacity is not a major criterion if your main concern is to kill bed bugs. With any tank capacity, you will be good to go.
Heating time is also not a very big concern, and you can skip this matter. With large tanks, it is normal that the boiler will take more time to heat the water.
Hose and Cord Length:
If you can select the steam cleaner model with a large hose and cord length, it will be good for you. But this can be a must-have feature for large homes.
Note: If you are now confident about finding the most suitable cleaner for your home, you should know how to use a steam mop or dry steam cleaner for bed bugs next.
Why Should You Buy A Steam Cleaner For Killing Bed Bugs?
There are several reasons to go for the steam cleaners instead of chemical solutions. Killing bed bugs can even sometimes be ineffective for killing bed bugs. So, let’s see why you should get a steamer for the task.
- The temperature produced by the cleaner is very effective in killing these tiny creatures. When they have nowhere to go, you can kill every one of them along with the eggs.
- Using steam cleaner, you can spray steam to such places that you couldn’t even reach for applying toxic chemicals.
- Your house won’t smell like a factory after you steam clean because there is not a single drop of chemicals used in the process.
- Moreover, you can use the cleaner and this cleaning process for many more years to come. With just one device, you can practically clean any surface without doing any damage.
- With all those benefits, you can have better results with steam cleaners. Also, you can let your kids and pets roam freely in the house without worrying that they might get sick.
Despite all those benefits, it all might backfire or don’t work as you expected if you don’t go for the best steam cleaner for bed bugs. Select one model from our reviews according to your budget, and there will be nothing to worry about.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are at the end of our article, and before you see our recommendation, here are some answers to some of the frequently asked questions about bed bugs and steam cleaners.
Is steam cleaner effective for bed bugs?
Yes, steam cleaners are very effective in killing bed bugs and dust mites. It can also kill bacteria, allergens, and other types of germs.
Can Karcher steam cleaner kill bed bugs?
Yes, Karcher steam cleaner can kill bed bugs because those can generate enough heated steam that is fatal to the bed bugs.
Can you use a steamer to get rid of bed bugs?
Yes, you can use a steamer to get rid of bed bugs, but you will have to make sure that every item and place is treated with steam. If you miss even one spot and one egg is left untreated, you will have bed bugs marching again within a month.
Can bed bugs be vacuumed up?
Vacuuming can help catch some, but it is not an effective way to get rid of the bed bugs. As the vacuums only suck air and other things with it, the bed bugs don’t get killed in the process.
So, that is all about the topic and our reviews, and we know that some of you are still hesitant about selecting a model. Below, you will see our expert recommendation and get one today.
Now, we hope that you have all the necessary information about buying such steam cleaners that can clean your house from bed bugs. With a reasonable and affordable price tag, we think McCulloch MC1275 is the best steam cleaner for bed bugs.
However, a lot of our readers requested something more portable and easy to use. So, we tested and thought PurSteam Pressurized Steam Cleaner was the one that others were looking for. Get any of the cleaners according to your needs, and you won’t regret it.