We understand that you have a thing for the hardwood floors, and you have spent a lot of money to build it. But are you serious regarding the cleaning of your favorite floor? If you didn’t get the time to research, read this article and you will find the best steam mop for hardwood floors.
The following items are selected among many as these come with a standard and some essential features. Without these features, your hardwood floor might get damaged. So, let’s get started with the reviews and some information. It will give you an insight into how we selected these models.
Is A Steam Mop Safe For Hardwood Floors?
This is a question commonly asked by a lot of house owners, and the answer is yes, steam mops are safe to use on hardwood floors. The strict instruction is to keep a low heat setting and apply steam cleaning on a sealed floor. Thus, your floor will stay clean without taking any serious blow, creating to give you headaches.
Note: Not all steam mop is good for your hardwood floor, for this type of floor you have to use a specialized steam mop that designed for it, some time for this type of mistake we damage our floor surface, read this article to know about these mistakes to avoid when using a steam mop.
Table Of Content:
If you’re specifically looking for something, find your desire topic from this table of content. This table of content will help you to quickly navigate your query.
Table Of Contents
- Is A Steam Mop Safe For Hardwood Floors?
- Top 5 Best Steam Mops For Hardwood Floors Reviews 2021
- What To Consider Before Buying A Steam Mop For Hardwood Floors?
- Why Should You Buy A Steam Mop For Hardwood Floors?
- Final Thoughts
You can have a quick review of the products we listed here from this comparison chart before you read the whole article. Here in this chart, we compared the products based on their features and characteristics.
Top 5 Best Steam Mops For Hardwood Floors Reviews 2021
1. Light N Easy Multifunctional Steam Mop
After using it for some months, you won’t regret purchasing this steam mop as hundreds of others haven’t. Assembling and operating it is very easy, and anyone can use it intuitively. Using only tap water to clean, it will make your home safe for kids and pets to roam around and play for hours.
The steamer has a smart switch and sensor technology that releases the steam as you need them. Moreover, this is a lightweight cleaner with a handheld steaming option so that you can clean kitchen items and furniture easily. If you own a large apartment or duplex home, you must get this one for its versatile usage.
The big-sized tank will give you more runtime and ensure an effective cleaning regardless of materials. Those who have already used it will tell you that this is one of the best steam mops for wood laminate floors.
Light N Easy Multifunctional Features:
- You can detach the steam mop so that you can use it as a handheld steam cleaner and clean several other types of surfaces.
- This mop comes with multiple settings and capable of cleaning garment wrinkles, upholstery, bathroom, or kitchen sink.
- It comes with three different heat settings so that you can control the temperature and clean hardwood floors without any damage.
- If the floor has a sticky mess and stains, you can use it to clean those effectively with 110-degree hot steam.
- This steam mop makes sure that you can have a safe surface cleaning as it doesn’t need any other chemical solutions to clean.
2. iwoly M11 Steam Mop with Handle Switch
Do you care for a steam mop that is easy to operate and good for your hardwood floor? If that is what you are looking for, the iwoly M11 Steam Mop will be your first choice. Its intelligent automatic standby mode gets activated when you place the main body vertically to the ground.
You can wrap the power cord around its hooks and keep it in your cleaning storage easily as it doesn’t take much space. The mop comes with a 16.4 feet power cord and 410 mL tank capacity so that you can clean large areas without wasting much time.
People like it because of its reliable operation and spray control system. Even after using it for quite a while, the spray button won’t fail like some other models on the market. So, buy this mop if you feel it will be a perfect steam cleaner for overall home-usage.
iwoly M11 Steam Features:
- The iwoly M11 is a powerful steam mop with a 1100W cleaning mechanism that can clean effectively.
- It is so powerful that you can kill germs, bacteria, and allergens using only tap water and remove sticky messes.
- With its different settings and control system, you can easily clean floors and carpets without doing any damage.
- If you can combine this steam mop with a carpet glider, it will give you a new carpet free from bad odor and dirt.
- For worry-free cleaning on hardwood floors, it comes with a 4-level control setting, which perfectly preserves the hardwood floors finish.
3. Bissell Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop
Would you like to have a simple yet useful steam mop that can give you years of cleaning? If the answer is yes, you should go for this one because of several reasons. The two pads on the bottom rotate in the opposite direction from each other so that even the most stubborn stains get cleaned without any pressure.
The package includes two multi-surface cleaning formula packs, which make sure that the most sticky and stubborn areas are cleaned easily. With 22 feet cord length and only 11-pound weight, anyone can easily move it around and clean a large area without changing the power outlet.
If you have got a sealed hardwood floor, you should get this. It is because the Bissell steam mop for hardwood floors is considered the best steam mop for hardwood floors on the market.
Bissell Spinwave Features:
- Its water tank capacity of this cleaning mop is 28 ounces, which is enough to let you clean large areas without having to refill it too often.
- The soft scrubby pads that come with the package will surely clean the floor gently yet effectively without much effort.
- You can control spraying the steam so that the cleaning surfaces don’t get dripping wet and increase your work time.
- The swivel steering mechanism is perfect for cleaning tight spaces and under table areas where you couldn’t reach before.
- We have seen that some steam mops make noises while cleaning, but this one doesn’t do that, although it is a powerful steam mop.
4. Sienna Luna Steam Mop Multi-purpose Handheld Steamer
Many of the customers gave us positive feedback after months of usage because of its effective cleaning capabilities. For more effective cleaning, there are LED lights in front of the mop that highlights dirty areas, and there will be no places left uncleaned.
That is something you won’t find in other models on this list. Moreover, this mop is very easy to use, and you can clean different surface materials without introducing any damage.
Also, it comes with a vibration feature so that the microfiber pads can effectively break up dirt and grime. If you were looking for a steam mop that is more powerful, you should check this out because Sienna Luna is a 1500W steam mop.
Sienna Luna Features:
- This is the perfect steam mop for tiles and hardwood floor floors because of its adjustable heat settings.
- For effective cleaning, the heater can raise the water temperature up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With so much heat, you can kill germs, bacteria, and other harmful things without using any toxic cleaning solutions.
- It comes with a large water tank that can take 450 mL of water at a time, and you get a longer runtime.
- Inside the package, you will get a carpet glider and 2 washable microfiber cleaning pads for cleaning multiple surfaces easily.
5. Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro Elite
The ThermaPro Elite is an easy-to-use steam cleaner that comes with a lot of accessories that will help you a lot. This mop is worthy of your investment because it is a versatile cleaning tool and perfect for homes.
Thus, you can easily switch between floor cleaner and handheld steam cleaner with its detachable heads. The handheld cleaning unit will even let you clean curtains, furniture and garments, and fabrics.
So, you should get this mop if you don’t like cleaning the floors. It is because it involves bending and scrubbing. With all the features and functions of this cleaner, it can ensure better results without those actions. Also, the design and ergonomics of the cleaning head makes it easier to reach tight spaces and under the tables.
Steam Mop Cleaner Features:
- This new triangular PurSteam Steam Mop is loved by everyone because it can clean corners and hard-to-reach places easily.
- The water tank can hold 250 mL of water at a time, which is enough to clean larger areas with one fill.
- For its multiple control levels, you can safely use it to clean several floor materials without damaging any part.
- As you know that this steam mop only needs tap water to clean the floors, your children and pets won’t have anything toxic in their body.
- It is also very effective in cleaning germs, which means that you won’t have to use any special solution to sanitize.
What To Consider Before Buying A Steam Mop For Hardwood Floors?
As our team of experts took into account, you should consider several parameters too. It will let you choose the perfect one that comes with several other cleaning options too.
This is the most important feature that you have to consider because too much heat will damage the floor in no time. Several heat settings will ensure that you can use the mop on different surfaces. Also, don’t forget to check the features of the product that clearly mentions ‘hardwood floor compatible.’
Another important factor to consider is its versatile usability so that you don’t get stuck with multiple devices for different use cases. The mops we selected come with several options so that you can clean floors, kitchen sinks, bathroom tiles, and even furniture.
There are a lot of seniors living alone, and they need a steam mop with portable features. These portable mops weigh so less that anyone can move around effortlessly. Also, it means that you can assemble and disassemble the mop quickly.
Like the previous point, ease-of-use is crucial, and the mop’s design ensures it. The steam control, temperature control, and easy mopping mechanism work together. As a result, you can clean a large apartment very quickly and easily.
Finally, you need to look for the specs and reviews to get an idea about its durability. High-quality components, durable boiler, and microfiber cleaning pads should be given in the best steam mop for hardwood floors.
Note: Here, we have written a summarized version, and you can check out another article on what to know before buying a steam mop for detailed instruction.
Why Should You Buy A Steam Mop For Hardwood Floors?
There are several reasons to buy a steam mop for hardwood floors, but let’s see the main reasons to go for it.
- First of all, steam mops will let you clean a large within a very short time without any cleaning solution.
- Secondly, you won’t have to put pressure on the floor to clean stubborn and sticky stains which leave the floor unharmed.
- Thirdly, steam mops are great for safe cleaning, which means that it keeps your home free from germs and bacteria without using any toxic elements.
- Fourthly, you can use it not only for cleaning hardwood floors but also for different surfaces, and even furniture.
- Finally, you should buy them because it can reach such places where you can’t reach due to back pain or other problems.
If you are convinced to buy one, you can read our recommendation at the end. It is prepared by our experts, and you can rely on the selected models without any doubt.
Frequently Asked Questions
While reviewing those steam mops, we came across a lot of frequently asked questions. So, here are some of the most frequent ones with the answers.
Is steam mop ok for hardwood floors?
With a low heat-setting, it is ok to clean hardwood floors without damaging any part of it.
Does steam mop ruin hardwood floors?
Some say that steam mop ruins hardwood floors, but proper usage won’t do any damage. However, unsealed hardwood floors may experience some damage.
Can you use a Shark steam mop on wood floors?
Yes, you can use Shark steam mop to clean the wood floor as long as your floor is sealed.
Do steam mops hurt hardwood floors?
No, steam mops don’t hurt hardwood floors with low heat settings and correct usage.
Though all of the reviewed models above are worth your investment, we like two models more than the other. After a thorough review and testing, we think BISSELL Spinwave is the best steam mop for hardwood floors because of its simplistic usage, features, and capabilities that come with a very impressive price tag. However, you can get some more functions by increasing the budget a bit more and going for LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Multifunctional Steam Mop.