The idea behind the steam mop is to do a short cleaning on laminate floors and surfaces. It works by heating the water to produce high-pressure steam, which eliminates germs, dirt, and grease in record time. But in reality, many steam mops fail to deliver what they promise. If the steam mop is used correctly, it can be used on the laminate floor without causing damage. The best steam cleaner for laminate floors is designed to dry floors immediately before any moisture enters the surfaces and ruining them during the process.
Here, I have highlighted the top 5 steam mop for laminate floors that facilitate your life during cleaning. These steamers are designed with a tank.
Will A Steam Mop Damage Laminate Floors?
A steam mop is a quick and easy way to remove dirt. Do not use a heavy-duty steam mop to remove stains and dirt from laminate floors. The tool produces heat and steam that can damage laminate floors. Instead, use the steam mops that were specifically designed for laminate floors. Always test the steam cleaning method in a small area of your laminate to make sure it will not damage.
Note: Steam mop has so many benefits when you use it properly but sometimes you don’t get the ultimate result because of some mistakes. You should avoid those mistakes when you use your steam mop. In our other article, we write about the Mistakes to avoid when using a steam mop.
Table Of Content:
To know what information we include for you in this article, have a look at this table of content. It will help you to find out the specific topic that we listed for you.
Table Of Contents
- Will A Steam Mop Damage Laminate Floors?
- Top 5 Best Steam Mop For Laminate Floors Reviews 2022
- What To Consider Before Buy A Steam Mop For Laminate Floors?
- Why Should You Buy A Steam Mop For Laminate Floors?
- Final Recommendation
If you want to make a quick comparison of these products, have a look at our comparison chart given below before reading the whole article.
Top 5 Best Steam Mop For Laminate Floors Reviews 2022
All steam mops aren’t suitable for cleaning laminate floors. Today, we have listed some handy steam cleaner for laminate floors. The mops would allow you to clean effectively and help to disinfect the soil and eliminate odors. So let’s start with the 5 best steam mop for laminate floors review.
1. LIGHT N EASY Steam Cleaners Multifunctional Steam Mops
LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Cleaners Multifunctional Steam Mops comes with 3 different steam setting that helps to clean laminate floor without damage. It is lightweight and easy to carry anywhere. The mop has 3 microfiber pads that dry up fast moisture fast, which comes out from the steam mop and clean laminated floor within 30 seconds.
It has a removable handle, which makes the mop to reach any small areas like corners, edges, bathrooms, etc. Also, it heated up within a few seconds and using warm water to clean dust and sticky dirt quickly. You don’t need to add chemicals in the water tank. Its 2 grout cleaning brush cleans the dust from grouts safely.
The mop has a smart switch that releases heat when you are moving it. After 30 seconds, the steam mop will shut down automatically. Also, it can be used in multiple types of floor and home appliances such as ceramic, marble, tile floor, kitchen appliances, wall, windows, doors, upholstery and many more. It has a cylinder cleaning tool that clean clothing accessories using vapors.
LIGHT N EASY Steam Features:
- The mop has 3 advanced microfiber pads that reduce the moisture and provides deep cleaning on the laminate floor without damage.
- Its Hi, Medium and Low modes help to control steam functions that help to use it in various types of floors, including tile, marble, vinyl, etc.
- It has 2 pc grout cleaner which clean tile grout, epoxy grout, etc. without making damage.
- Its smart switch controls the steam on and off that protects the laminate wood floor during clean floors.
- It required 30 seconds to heat up and produce 250°F temperature that kills germs and removes vicious dust.
2. LIGHT N EASY Steam Mop Powerful Floor Steamer Cleaner
For heavy usage, I prefer LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop. It comes with a large tank that provides better diffusion with high temperatures. It can remove all sticky dirt from the laminate floor quickly. Its mop pads are made with microfiber so that it helps to dry up water moisture quickly and protect the laminate floor. Also, it has a swivel steering and maneuver that helps to clean in small areas, corners, edges and many more.
The mop is not only suitable for laminate floors but also all types of floors like ceramic, vinyl, tiles and more. It releases steam and heated up within 20 seconds that dries up quickly and eliminate germs. When you move the mop, it will start and turn off automatically. With the smart 2.0 sensor, you can shut down by keeping it upright and release more steam by moving quickly.
This best steam cleaner for laminate floors has a flexible hand that rotates 360° that makes it easier to operate. The hand has a high-quality grip that helps to catch up with the hand. Also, its 20 feet cord helps to move anywhere. If you stop moving, the steam engine will stop steam from releasing automatically.
LIGHT N EASY Steam Features:
- The steam engine has microfiber mop pads which lessen the moisture and protect the laminate floor by drying up quickly.
- It gets only 20 seconds to heat up and release steam that removes sticky messes and kills germs.
- It has swivel steering and maneuver that helps to clean small areas, edges and corners.
- Its smart sensor activates the steam releasing when you start moving and it releases more steam, the faster you move.
- It has 360-degree fluid hand that clean laminate floor, wood floor, stone and tile floor.
3. Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1
Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro has mop cleaning pads that correctly clean the laminate floor and dries up immediately. The pads can clean paints, spots, inks, etc. The mop has the capability of killing up to 99.9% of germs using only tap water. All dirt can be effectively eliminated with the simple jet of steam ready in just 30 seconds, without the need of chemical detergents.
You can adjust the right quantity and intensity of the steam by adapting it to the type of surface to be worked on. It has a versatile 340ml water tank that helps to clean many areas. You can clean other kinds of surfaces like carpet, glass, tile, ceramic, etc. with the mop. It comes with 10 different accessories such as brushes, the nozzle for carpets, squeeze for windows and microfiber cloths, which guarantee complete and absolute cleaning of the whole house.
The mop has 3 adjustable modes that can be used according to your needs. You can use it 10 to 25 minutes and it varies from the modes. Its handheld steam cleaner dissolves the dirt and sanitizes it in depth of glass without damage. You can easily dispense the desired amount of steam according to specific cleaning needs.
Steam Mop Cleaner Features:
- It has white mop cleaning pads that remove grime from the laminate floor without causing any damage.
- It starts and releases heat steam within 30 seconds that clean dirt, sticky messes quickly.
- It comes with 10 different accessories that help to clean any surfaces, windows, doors, furniture and more.
- It has 3 adjustable modes: Max, Med and Low, which works for 10 to 25 minutes.
- It kills up to 99.9% of all germs in the home without exposing children and pets to chemical residues.
4. Bissell Steam Mop Select Titanium
Bissell Steam Mop comes with microfiber pads with microban protection, which easily clean all dirt from the laminate floor and the pads are washable. Its triangle design proves to be the perfect solution to simplify cleaning operations, ensuring maximum handling and comfort of use. It is safe for almost all surfaces, including wooden floors and laminate floors.
The mop has scrubby pads that remove sticky messes from floors, glasses and furniture. It allows you to clean rather large surfaces such as ceramic, tile, grout, etc. Also, it releases heat steam within 30 seconds and increases shine in all types of the floor without using chemicals or detergents. It is very light and swivel steering is ideal for quickly sanitizing the small areas, edges and corners.
The mop cleans stone and tile floors with more delicacy on sealed parquet. It kills up to 99% of the bacteria and germs that accumulate on the floor or in other parts of the house. Without cups or funnels, you can refill the water tank, which makes it handy.
Bissell Steam Features:
- The mop has microfiber and microban protected pads that effectively clean laminate floors easily.
- Its scrubby pads help to remove sticky messes quickly on the floor.
- It has a triangle design that helps to move it easily in hard to reach areas.
- It can be ready within 30 seconds with steam heat that kills germs and invisible bacteria.
- The mop does not need any detergent or chemical substance that is safe for us.
5. Friday discount Unknown Powerfresh Mop
Friday discount Unknown Powerfresh Mop comes with dual microfiber pads that eliminate sticky dirt quickly. It comes with 10 accessories that clean all types of floors, clothes, carpets, kitchen utensils, hood, etc. It has a rotating head design that helps to move quickly. It can be used with both conventional mop and any of the accessories included with the equipment, which saves time when cleaning our home.
Its 1200W of power heat the water in a few seconds and generate a continuous and quality steam flow. You only have to wait 15 to 30 seconds to eliminate 99.9% of the existing germs and achieve complete sanitation of your house. It comes with a sliding base for greater comfort in washing the carpets and needs very little space to store it.
The steam mop has a detached handle that will allow you to load the whole assembly with ease. It has steam nozzles that help to remove mites from clothes and carpets using high-temperature steam. The heating system of the steam mop is adjustable to avoid excess liquid on the surface to be cleaned.
Friday discount Features:
- It has 2 microfiber pads that help to clean laminate floors using steam heat.
- It takes 15 to 30 seconds to heat up and eliminates 99.9 percent of germs to sanitize your house.
- It has a 1200W steam engine that releases steam heat quickly that makes your task faster.
- It has removable hand and swivel steering that help to clean hard to reach areas and carry anywhere easily.
- It can clean lots of smudginess using upright or handheld on the surface areas.
What To Consider Before Buy A Steam Mop For Laminate Floors?
The versatility of steam mop provides excellent options for a much difficult-to-clean laminate floor in your home. Before deciding to buy the best steam cleaner for laminate floors, you should consider these factors:
The weight of the steam mop must be considered when trying to buy it. Some mop has a larger tank, which makes it heavier and more challenging to manage. The advantage of a larger tank is that it can clean large floors quickly without stopping to fill the tank. A small tank mop is easy to handle and move in different rooms in the house. If you have mobility problems, you can benefit more from a lightweight of the mop, which can be moved easily.
The steam mop with a smaller head is more comfortable to handle and able to access narrow spaces more efficiently. In addition, some are equipped with a swivel head. This feature makes it much easier to maneuver around furniture and cleaning appliances. If you use the mop to clean furniture or small areas, small size steam mop will be best for you.
Most of the steam mops use water containers with a capacity of between 0.4 and 0.7 liters. For the autonomy of steam supply that oscillates between about 20 minutes and 40 minutes. Keep this technical aspect in close consideration if you do not live in a studio apartment, but you have to clean medium-large apartments.
Although in recent years, the companies producing steam mops have reached technologically advanced levels. All steam mop needs a few seconds or minutes from the moment it is turned on. The speed depends on the power taken by the steam mop. The more powerful this is, the less time it takes for water to heat up and turn into steam.
Decide whether or not you want a steam mop that comes with additional devices. The steam mops offer a variety of options. They are not all used only for floor cleaning. Some standard attachments include a window cleaning tool, steaming, dusting garment, removing fluff from clothes, upholstery cleaning tools and other small accessories for hard-to-reach areas. Also, some varieties of steam rags can be turned into a handheld steamer. This can be used to disinfect many areas of your home, such as kitchen countertops, sinks, bathrooms, and other areas that are difficult to clean.
One of the most useful functions is the indicator that comes on when the water is at the right temperature. It also has an area on the display to tell you if your steam mop is overheated. It is an excellent feature because it eliminates the guesswork. Also, pay attention to the possibility of regulating the intensity of the steam.
Note: We try to provide you the information about the features and functions from the top 5 best steam mop so that you could make the wise decision for you. Then after if you think, you want to know more about it, we wrote another article about steam mop buying guide
Why Should You Buy A Steam Mop For Laminate Floors?
Since steam mop for laminate wood floors is more expensive than an ordinary cleaner, you may wonder if the cost was worth it. Even if a traditional cleaner costs only a few bugs, there are several advantages to purchasing a steam mop.
- All steam mops are using water to clean the laminate floor without chemicals or detergent. It is safe for us and the environment.
- A steam mop cleans anything more efficiently. It removes dirt and stains from the laminate floor quickly using heat and water.
- Steam mops are safe for almost all surfaces, including wooden and laminate floors. Traditional cleaners leave excess water and heat on the floor that can damage laminate floors.
Many steam mops come with long and removable handles that help to clean floors and small areas. Also, it takes very little space to store. With a traditional cleaner, you have to find space to store it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it OK to steam mop laminate floors?
No. Generally, the laminate is made up of several layers joined together. The outermost layer is the printed or decorated one which remains visible. All steam mops are not suitable for cleaning laminate floors, but some mops can clean laminate floors without damage.
Do steam mops hurt laminate floors?
Yes. Steam mops hurt the laminate floor by releasing moisture. But some models are safe to clean laminate floors that we reviewed here. Because the steam mops, provide heat with water and dries fast.
Can I steam mop laminate floors?
No. But you can use those steam mops that dries up floor immediately after cleaning.
How do you keep laminate floors clean and shiny?
You should clean floors every day with the right steam mop and microfiber cloths. Also, you can add a little amount of ethyl alcohol to increase shine.
How often should you mop laminate floors?
You should mop the laminate floors every 2 months.
Having a steam mop for laminate wood floors is a fantastic way to relieve the effort that goes into cleaning your laminate surfaces. There are so many models on the market that provide different features. We have explored the best steam mop for laminate floors that will meet your demand.
I would like to recommend LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop, which is light but perfect for light and heavy usage. It is a 360-degree fluid hand steam mop that releases steam heat within 20 seconds. The mop has a smart switch and 20 feet long power cable that make it convenient for the user. Also, its microfibers pads effectively clean the laminate floor without causing any types of damage.