We should be more than grateful to advanced tools and technologies for making our lives easier, more convenient, and hassle-free. Almost every homeowner knows how much physically demanding it is to manually get rid of dust, dirt, and debris from the entire house. Hence, nowadays, most people resort to using a top-quality robot vacuum cleaner to eliminate unwanted substances on the floor of each room.
Many residential and commercial property owners face a tough time while choosing between Shark IQ Vs Roomba i3. Both brands have a huge fan base all over the United States and in different parts of the world for developing smart and efficient vacuum cleaners with a self-cleaning base.
Read this article in a detailed manner if you are eager to know the key similarities and differences between these robot vacuums. In the concluding part, you will also know that investing in which particular vacuum cleaner may prove more beneficial to you. So, without delaying any second, let’s get started.
Table Of Contents
Similarities between Shark IQ Robot Vs Roomba i3
Before highlighting the striking differences between these two automatic vacuum cleaning tools, let’s first check out the similarities.
- Both the robot vacuums come from esteemed and trusted manufacturers.
- Roomba i3 and Shark IQ are capable of quickly and effectively cleaning different types of surfaces such as a rug, carpet, hardwood floor, concrete, tile, laminate, and vinyl.
- Users need not empty and clean the bin from time to time as these vacuums can automatically detect and collect dust/pet hair/debris, clean rooms and empty the bin on their own.
- You can control both of these vacuums using your smartphone or voice assistant like Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
- It takes 3 hours to charge these cleaning devices fully, and both follow the 3-stage cleaning system.
- Both consist of a HEPA filter, which can remove at least 99.97% of bacteria, pollen, dirt, hair, dust, and micro airborne substances.
Specification of Shark IQ Robot Vs Roomba i3
|Specification||Shark IQ||Roomba i3|
|Dimensions||38.9X26.3X49.6 inches||13.34X13.26X3.63 inches|
|Weight||13.23 pounds||11 pounds|
|Battery||1 Lithium-ion battery||1 Lithium-ion battery|
|Uses||Carpet, Hard floor, Dual action||Carpet, Hard floor, Dual action|
|Todays Best Deals||Check Shark IQ Price||Check Roomba i3 Price|
Shark IQ Vs Roomba i3 – Noticeable Features
Shark IQ Vacuum
- It features a self-emptying base that can hold up to dirt and waste materials for up to a month.
- Shark IQ can easily take on small & large debris on carpets, rugs, and hard floors as it possesses a deep-cleaning ability.
- It consists of a self-cleaning brush roll, which is instrumental in removing human hair and pet hair on the surface of the floor.
- This specific vacuum cleaning robot systematically cleans in a row-by-row manner.
- It navigates each room after cleaning to ensure whether it has covered the entire house.
- Users control it using the SharkClean mobile app or voice assistant.
- Shark IQ boasts the ability to map a house and clean the dirtiest room first quickly.
iRobot Roomba i3 Vacuum
- This WiFi-connected robot vacuum can pull in stubborn dust, dirt and messes effectively
- Using iRobot HOME mobile app or any voice assistant can help users control the vacuum
- i3 possesses the ability to navigate and map a user’s house in neat rows
- It makes optimum use of the revolutionary sensors that can track floor to vacuum carpet and hardwood
- Roomba i3 is equipped with Reactive Sensor Technology, which prevents it from getting stuck less
- It comes with Dirt Detect sensors that focus on cleaning all those places, which are dirty and messy
- The robot vacuum personalized schedules to users after learning their cleaning habits
- It consists of one-of-a-kind dual multiple surface rubber brushes
- It teams up with Braava Jet M6 to automatically vacuum and mop floors efficiently
Roomba I3 Vs Shark IQ – Key Differences
Both these premium-standard vacuum cleaning robots offer outstanding cleaning services and deliver exceptional performance every time. However, a few of the noteworthy aspects of one is better when compared to another. The below-mentioned ones are the differences between Shark IQ Vs Roomba i3.
Design and Appearance
It is crucial for a person to invest in a robot vacuum with a low-profile design to ensure that it gets less stuck and gets rid of dust and debris under furniture. Roomba i3 is round in shape, lightweight and compact. However, it weighs 5 pounds only when the clean base unit is removed.
You will find i3 mainly in black, with its topmost surface containing silver and grey accents. It can get under the bed, sofa, and table without restriction to eliminate dirt.
Similar to i3, Shark IQ too has a low-profile and round shape design. However, the weight and dimensions of it vary. It weighs 5.7 pounds without the clean base and measures 12.9X12.6X3.5”.
The Shark IQ vacuum cleaning robot has a glossy black color with the Shark logo at the topmost part. It can sweep edges and corners brilliantly aside from eradicating debris underneath household fittings.
Despite being compatible with the clean-base auto dirt disposal technology, the i3 variant does not come with the clean base unit. If you pick up Roomba i3, you need to purchase the unit separately. The super-useful robot vacuum can automatically empty itself for two months straight.
The RV1001AE vacuum cleaning robot variant from Shark comes with a self-empty base. The RV1001 variant sometimes doesn’t include the clean base. However, both variants can automatically dispose of dirt and mess and hold up to debris and unwanted substances for a month.
Choose between Shark IQ Robot Vs Roomba 960 Roomba i3 for effective floor cleaning and mopping purposes. A robot vacuum cleaner with a smart navigation system can navigate a user’s house well without getting stuck, hitting items, and falling off the stairs.
The i3 variant employs iAdapt 1.0 navigation and mapping technology. The sensors help the vacuum identify risky areas and subsequently restrict it from going to those spots. One thing it lacks is an elaborate home cleaning method.
Compared to Roomba i3, Shark IQ is more advanced and productive in terms of house navigation and mapping. To move around freely, this particular robot vacuum relies on a SLAM-based algorithm.
It has a tendency to hit barriers and get stuck more often while it cleans. It comes with a sophisticated floor mapping system, which helps it clean all areas of the floor of a particular room.
Intelligence & Convenience
Roomba i3 comes with 2.4GHz WiFi, enabling users to operate it via iRobot Home mobile app and Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. The robot vacuum cleaner has iRobot Genius Home Intelligence that is instrumental in offering users a personalized cleaning experience.
This specific intelligent robot vacuum supports 2.4GHz WiFi. All you need to do is download the Shark Home mobile app to operate it the way you want in order to get rid of dirt, dust, and debris from each room.
Shark IQ also works seamlessly with voice assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant. Besides Total Home Mapping, you can also schedule floor cleaning by accessing the main controls.
We have highlighted essential features of the two current highest-selling robot vacuums available on traditional and online marketplaces. Besides similarities, light has also been thrown on noteworthy differences between Shark IQ Vs Roomba i3. Both are super-effective when it comes to eliminating dirt and debris, cleaning and mopping floors.
However, in terms of battery and speed, Roomba i3 is better than Shark IQ. Also, the i3 robot vacuum cleaner boasts more updated smart features than the IQ variant from SharkNinja. Invest in the one that is within your budget. But if you are one of those who are least bothered about the cost, then you should pick up Roomba i3. This automatic vacuum cleaning device amazingly takes vacuuming off users’ minds and their to-do lists.